We are hiring a mechanic!
Cloud 9 Cycles is a performance orientated shop that focuses on building our customers the ultimate bike. We work with each customer to ensure that we build the best bike for their needs. Opened in 2009, we have invested heavily in our products, tools and knowledge. To date we have built over 2,500 custom bikes. We have a small and highly knowledgeable team and stock products from the world's best cycling brands. If it comes out of the C9 workshop, you can be assured that it is done with the utmost precision, uncompromised quality, and pure passion.
We are looking for a like-minded individual to join our team. To work in our workshop you’ll need to be methodical, demonstrate a high attention to detail, solve problems in a calm, thoughtful manner, own your mistakes and maintain an orderly work area. You will also need to be able to interact with customers in a friendly and communicative manner, leaving them feeling well-informed about their bikes and taken care of on an individual level.
Skills and attributes we are looking for:
- A high level of attention to detail
- Organisation and communication skills (amongst the team and our customers) to ensure efficiency
- Cytech technical training (not mandatory)
- A dedication to a methodical and precise way of working (no cutting corners)
- Receptive to constructive feedback and a willingness to learn new skills
- A passion for cycling and bikes
- A friendly demeanour and open mindedness
- Experience servicing and working on bikes from all cycling disciplines (preferred)
Cloud 9 is committed to creating an inclusive cycling environment and is a zero-tolerance workplace. We encourage applications from underrepresented groups and believe that the bike industry will reach it's full potential when it represents everyone who rides a bike regardless of race, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender, disability, or socioeconomic status etc. Acknowledging and aiming to uphold the work and cycling industry pledge of WTF Bike Explorers.
A competitive salary and hours to be discussed.
Closing date for applications is June 15th (or sooner if we find the right candidate.)
We can't wait to hear from you!
Know someone perfect for the job? Please help us in our search by sharing this posting!